Wednesday, June 21, 2006

ATLA conference

I got into the hotel late tonight. As usual for Chicago, a freeway was torn up. This time it is the Dan Ryan, so the last 10 miles took me almost as long as the first 100 did :(

I ran into Timothy Smith, the guy who runs ATLA conventions, in the lobby and he told me that the exhibit hall opens tomorrow at 7:00 AM for setup, which is nice; I won't have to rush to get set up in time. Once I have it set up, I hope to post some pictures before it opens. The hotel has free wireless in the rooms, so hopefully it will be in the meeting rooms as well. If not, I can come back to the room or lobby and use the the Wi-Fi there.

Time for bed now.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to post an unrelated comment but I could find no email address. I have recently checked a book out at the library titled "The Religion of Babylon and Assyria: Especially in its Relations to Israel" by Robert William Rogers. The book title expresses perfectly the subject I would like to learn more about, but it was published around 1908. First, are you familiar with the book (is it hopelessly out of date?)? Second, is there something more recent you could recommend on the subject? Thank you very much.

jps said...

Jeremy,

You need to go to the Eisenbrauns website and browse categories under Biblical Studies, subcategory "Biblical and the Ancient Near East Comparative Studies."

If you need more specific help, e-mail me at jspinti at eisenbrauns dot com.

James

Anonymous said...

Thanks! This is just what I'm looking for.