Monday, June 21, 2010

Whose life?

After I got my sins forgiven, my question was always, “How do you live the life?” What I discovered is this: you don't. Because you can't. For years I regarded myself as my point of origin. But I couldn't produce the life of God out of me. I couldn't bring the uncreated (God's life) out of the creation (me). How was I going to do that? As long as I saw myself as the source of life, though, I had to keep trying. Until one day Jesus impressed this upon my spirit: “I am your life. I am the only life acceptable to the Father. I not only want to forgive you; I want to live the life in you. I want to be your life.— The Rest of the Gospel: When the partial Gospel has worn you out, page 61

<idle musing>
So simple, but so difficult. We just don't want to let go, do we? Yet, when we let go, we find real life.
</idle musing>

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm looking forward to reading this book. I'm looking forward to reading all the books you recommended to me this week/week end. You and D. are missed, and deeply appreciated. Mom and I are so blessed you guys came and stayed with us. You are two of God's great gifts and blessings to us. Give D. a big hug, and have her hug you back for us! We can't wait to see y'all again.

Lonnie

jps said...

Lonnie,

We enjoyed the stay very much and are looking forward to seeing you again soon.

James