Thursday, July 22, 2010

We're already there!

I always liked the word awareness more than the word growth. Because what really happens in each of us? Our awareness simply expands. We become more aware of Who already was. “Oh, I see more and more of Him.” We're not seeing more and more about Him. We're seeing more and more of Him. He is the peace. He is the joy. He is the life. He is the love.

Until we see that, we are always saying to God, “Give me something. Gimme. Gimme. Gimme.” But when that insight comes (and I'm not saying it has to be sudden, although it was with me), we say, “Oh, I see. I already have life. I already have Him.”

When God gives your spirit a revelation, often your soul responds with, “That can't be. That can't be.” But your spirit is saying, “It is. It is.” Revelation doesn't take place in your brain. God reveals Himself in our spirit. He says, “Yes, the absolutes are true. When you begin to live in My reality, you'll begin to say, 'I am.' Until you live in My reality, you'll say, 'I am becoming' or I want to be' or 'I hope I am.'”— The Rest of the Gospel: When the partial Gospel has worn you out, page 127

<idle musing>
Yes! As it says in 2 Peter 2:3 "His divine power has granted to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of him who called us to his own glory and excellence." (RSV)
</idle musing>

No comments: