Friday, November 11, 2011

Wow, what a hornet's nest

I certainly didn't expect to stir up a hornet's nest with my post on Wednesday, but I certainly seem to have. Peter Kirk posted a link to my post and some additional observations. Rob Holmstedt has been active in commenting both on my blog and Peter's, with the result that today, he posted his own response—without actually linking to Peter's blog.

So, Genesis One continues to be a war zone. Only this time, it is a war zone not over creatio ex nihilo or how long it took or didn't take, or how it happened, but a war zone over the best linguistic explanation. Me, I'm just putting on my fireproof underwear and posting this!

3 comments:

Peter Kirk said...

Not only did Rob respond to me without linking, he quoted me without attribution, in breach of my explicit Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. My comment about that is still awaiting moderation on his blog, but I have already published it on my blog.

Prof. Holmstedt said...

As I said in both places, I was unaware that comments fell under the Creative Commons umbrella.

I have rectified it in my post, and added some response.

Bzzz, bzzz.

jps said...

Rob,

Hornets don't buzz in that way : )

James