Friday, July 14, 2023

Final doxology

27th P. M. 4 lines 11s.

O FATHER Almighty, to thee be address’d
   With Christ and the Spirit, one God, ever blest,
   All glory and worship, from earth and from heaven,
   As was, and is now, and shall ever be given.
                         Unknown
                        Methodist Episcopal hymnal (1870 edition)

<idle musing>
That's the final hymn in this hymnal. It's been a fun little journey, but the poor little hymnal is showing its use. It's a leatherbound volume, and the front hinge was already weak, but now it's loose three-quarters of the way up. I don't know how to repair leatherbound books, and I hesitate to use book tape on it. I guess I'll have to do a bit of research.

But, a couple of weeks ago we went to the local bookstore and I found the Methodist hymnal I grew up with, the one that has "Holy, holy, holy" as number 1. I have been looking for a copy for a few decades, ever since the one I had fell apart. So, be prepared to see some of those to start appearing soon. : )

It's still under copyright (publication date is 1939), so the Internet Archive page requires a login in order for you to see it, and hymnary.org just lists the titles.
</idle musing>

No comments: