Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Gardening books

Ever since the beginning of January, I have been checking books on gardening (and cheese making) out of the local library. I don't know how many, probably 15-20. Of those, only two of them stood out enough to actually buy. I took a few notes from most of them, but then returned them. So, here they are...

The first one is for the new gardener. If you have never gardened and are scared, this is the one for you. Personally, I think he is a little too full of himself, but his ideas are good:
All New Square Foot Gardening



If you have gardened for a while and want to increase the season a bit (like all year!), then this is the book for you:

Four-Season Harvest: Organic Vegetables From Your Home Garden All Year Long



I read the earlier edition from the library and am now reading the newer edition. This book has so many good ideas that I had to either write almost the whole book on note cards, or buy it. I bought it :)

What about you? Have a favorite gardening book? Or, do you disagree with my choices?

1 comment:

Joseph said...

Someone gave us a square-foot gardening book before we moved. The place we were supposed to move into would have had about 5 square feet of gardening space. But complications led us to a third story, so no miniature gardens for us now.

Have you read about lasagna gardening?