Monday, October 21, 2019

14 years!

Today marks the fourteenth anniversary of this blog. Granted, this last year or so I've been less than regular at posting, but even so, I've posted over 5400 times. I realize that some, such as Jim West, post that much in about a day, but I'd like to think mine have a bit more substance to them. . .

The blogosphere has changed a great deal over that time. Social media has taken a huge toll on the number of bloggers. I haven't kept my blogroll up to date, largely because it's too depressing to delete the dead ones that contributed so much. My current RSS feed has about 120 or so feeds, but many of those are dead, also. And a large percentage of the ones that aren't dead aren't biblioblogs.

Now I'm starting to sound like an old man! Well, maybe I am. I'm 63, nigh unto 64. I plan on working full-time until I'm 70. After that, I'll probably (eyes permitting) continue to copyedit on a part-time basis until either my mind or my eyes fail. Will this blog survive that long with me? We'll see. Hopefully, you will find something worth reading in this little corner of the internet.

No comments: