Friday, October 28, 2005

Average? day

What does the average day of an Internet bookseller look like?

Well, I wouldn't call yesterday average, but it will give you an idea.

around 7:00 AM -- fire up laptop to check e-mail before meeting. Modem doesn't work. Oh well :(

7:30-9:30 AM Management meeting, brainstorming session. It was a worthwhile session, now to follow-up on everything :)

9:30-10:00 AM briefly scan e-mail

10:00-10:30 Short pre-AAR/SBL meeting to make sure everything will be ready to go on time. Everything is in good shape, except my stuff... got to get those order forms done. First, better call Dell to get this laptop running correctly. I figured they would do some short diagnostics and send out a new modem.

10:30-12:30 On the phone with Dell tech support--just look at the previous post to get an idea of what happened

12:30-1:00 Try to log back on as myself and nothing works right, new profile, lost all settings.

1:00-2:00 Go to lunch to get some perspective. Spent the hour reading a bit, praying a lot and taking a short nap.

2:00-3:00 Work on getting stuff accessible again on my computer

3:00-3:30 Delivery of 3 skids of books from a new distribution deal. Got to get them all checked in before November 4th. There are about 2500 books.

3:30-5:30 Work on getting the computer back together enough so that I can work on the order forms. I got three of the five done, well one was already done, I just needed to print it out.

This morning, I fired up the computer and it locked up after 3 minutes. So, I took the modem out. We'll see if that fixes it. Of course, now I don't have a way of calling from home..."average" day :)

No comments: