Thursday, October 27, 2005

Continuing computer woes

So, yesterday the computer works fine after a few lock-ups. I checked the Dell website and there are 8 days left in my extended warranty. This morning, I fired it up at home and the modem is missing again, but it didn't lock-up.

I roll into work, start it up and -- Bang! it locks up again. Intermittent problems are a pain to troubleshoot, and with ETS and AAR/SBL coming up, the last thing I need is for my computer to fail.

With 7 days left in the warranty, we extended it for another 2 years, so that pressure is off my back. Now for the SBL and ETS order forms...

Updated, 2:00 PM.
Well, the order forms are still waiting. I called tech suppport and spent 2.5 hours on the phone with them. He had me trying everything, but nothing worked. Finally, he said, "Well, the next step is to re-install the operating system." No way! So, I now have lost my original profile and settings (they are there, just not accessible) and my whole morning. And the modem is still not fixed.

Don't you just love computers :)

No comments: