Thursday, September 21, 2006

What happened to Joe Cathey?

Yesterday afternoon, I got a weird message in my RSS reader. Under Joe's blog, there was a strange title. When I clicked on it to go to his blog, it came up empty. I figured blogger was down, but just to be sure, I checked another site. It came up. "Strange," I thought. So, before I went home last night I sent Joe an e-mail telling him that his site was gone, thinking that blogger had perhaps lost his stuff (it happens).

This morning, his site was still missing. I started wondering if maybe he had been abducted by Copenhageners, or maybe aliens, or maybe his presidential run was serious—ok none of those are true, but I did wonder what was happening. Of course, I hadn't waded through my Inbox yet, so I didn't see his response right away.

Seems Joe is trying to do a bit too much right now, he is:
Working on an MLS
Working on an MA in Levantine Archaeology
Finishing up two articles
Writing a book
Expanding the Archive and Special Collections at their library
Being a dad with a new baby
Trying to run a blog

Something had to go, and it wasn't going to be the baby! So, down goes the blog.

Farewell, Joe. I will miss interacting with you, even/especially when we don't agree.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

James,

Your gift with words exceeds mine! Thanks for putting this post up! I will see you in DC.

Blessings
Joe Cathey

Looney said...

Thanks for the update. I will spend a few days in mourning.

Michael Westmoreland-White, Ph.D. said...

I'll miss Joe, but I'm glad the blog and the presidential run went instead of the other stuff.

Now I have to find another conservative dialogue partner for my "discussing our differences" category of blogs.

G.M. Grena said...

Thanks, James, for the info--I'll miss Joe's blog too ... I'll wait patiently until he completes all those other projects! If we can wait 2,000+ years for Jesus to return, another 18 years or so for Joe ain't much.