Tuesday, November 21, 2006

AAR/SBL day 3, continued

Another busy day. I was in the booth most of the day. It was quite busy, with many questions on what books were available for various subjects. I did my best to help people, even when the books weren't Eisenbrauns books. I felt sort of like Kris Kringle in "Miracle on 34th Street" as I would send people to Peeters or Peter Lang or Fortress for the books they needed.

Today was the Brill paperback sale; here is a picture of the balcony by the entrance. The people are jammed together, waiting to be let in. We all thought it meant that we were going to be inundated like the first day. Nope, they all ran over to Brill's booth.


We had our youngest scholar visit the booth today:
I wonder if she sounds like a native speaker :)

We have the most delightful interchanges at the booth sometimes. Mel Peters was hassling John van Seters about his book and how it was too expensive, so John pulls out his credit card and buys it for him. Then, he even signs it.

No comments: