Wednesday, November 22, 2006

AAR/SBL last day

The last day is always interesting. It can be very slow, especially if the weather is bad and people don't want to get stuck in the airport, or it can be extremely busy with people rushing to get that last minute book that they almost forgot. Today was a bit in between.

I, on the other hand, was running around like a maniac trying to get last minute deals from the other publishers that I could pass on to you. I did manage to get a few, and you will see some sales related to them in the coming months.

Once the exhibit hall closes our fun begins. Here are a few pictures for your enjoyment:

Tearing down the V&R and Carta booths

Tearing down our booth, and boxing the books that didn't sell.

This is what the book exhibit looks like after about 2 hours

John decided to take a nap; you know those first year guys. He has threatened to start a blog just to tell the other side of the story :)

I don't have a picture of this, Dave took it with his camera, but I had put 3 yogurts in my backpack for the airport. Once we got to the airport, I opened up that section of my pack only to find that they had been crushed and burst open. Yuck! My keys were covered with yogurt, the whole inner part of that section of the pack was a mess. It took about 20 napkins to clean it up enough to be good enough to get home. Worst of it was, I didn't have any yogurt to eat.

Next year in San Diego...

No comments: