Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Last week

OK, I've been wanting to post this since last week and can't wait any longer, even though it isn't painted yet...

As usual, I jump in medias res...Last week Joel, Renee, and their kids came to see us. Part of the visit was having Joel and I build a new tree house. Truth be told, Joel did most all of it, I just tagged along and was the gopher. Anyway, I was supposed to wait until it was painted to post the pictures, but I couldn't wait. I managed to get the shingles on last night, does that count?

Before we started, the old tree house:


The materials:



The new framework:


The satisfied customers:




I'll post more of the pictures on my Facebook profile, and don't be surprised to see a few of them show up here over the next few days, as well. Joel did a great job and we're thankful to him. Makes me wish I were a kid again :)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

That's awesome! Good work!

Marti said...

Wow! (picks jaw up from the floor)

Bev said...

What fun! Can I bring my grandchildren over? ;o)

Andy said...

Rats, I've been upstaged. ;-)

Now I'm gonna have to build a third story, a zip line, and a fireplace in mine....

jps said...

Bev,

Sure. But you have to supervise them :)

Andy, you've got me beat in the cost department, though! If you do put a fireplace in, I want to see how you do it :)

James