Tuesday, August 19, 2014

It's that parent thing

My own love and desire for my kids’ love is so strong that it opened my eyes to how much God desires and loves us. My daughter’s expression of love for me and her desire to be with me is the most amazing thing. Nothing compares to being truly, exuberantly wanted by your children.

Through this experience, I came to understand that my desire for my children is only a faint echo of God’s great love for me and for every person He made.—Crazy Love, electronic edition

<idle musing>
Amen to that. I have frequently asked people why they think God loves and cares for them less than they do their children. I know a man who drove from here to Arizona to get one of his kids who was in trouble. But he was questioning the degree of God's care for him! Once he saw the disconnect, he laughed. God loves us so much more than that! And we question his love and care for us?!

It can only be because we've believed the enemy's lies about who God is and what he is like. We need the Holy Spirit to correct our screwed up concepts of God! Even so, come Lord Jesus! Come into our lives and minds and transform us by the power of your love!
</idle musing>

No comments: