In church many things aren’t really what we say they are
· We sit in rows all facing the same direction listening to the same person and we call that community.
· We chit chat about superficial things for 10 minutes with a coffee in our hands and we call that fellowship.
· We listen to messages that most of us promptly forget 10 minutes after leaving the building and we call that discipleship.
· We spend most of our money for people and programs to serve ourselves while telling ourselves we are building God’s Kingdom.
· We feel terribly isolated despite being surrounded by people because we are afraid to be ourselves. We stay so we can be accountable.
Sadly, he has pegged what many people think of as "church." Looks pretty pale next to the book of Acts, doesn't it? By all means read the rest of the post; he makes a good observation about the "Jesus +" attitude.