Sunday, August 06, 2023

The Lord Jehovah Reigns!

63 Millennium. 6. 6. 6. 6. 8. 8.

1 The Lord Jehovah reigns;
   His throne is built on high,
   The garments He assumes
   Are light and majesty:
   His glories shine with beams so bright,
   No mortal eye can bear the sight.

2 The thunders of His hand
   Keep the wide world in awe;
   His wrath and justice stand
   To guard His holy law;
   And where His love resolves to bless,
   His truth confirms and seals the grace.

3 Through all His mighty works
   Amazing wisdom shines,
   Confounds the powers of hell,
   And breaks their dark designs;
   Strong is His arm, and shall fulfil,
   His great decrees and sovereign will.

4 And will this sovereign King
   Of Glory condescend?
   And will He write His name
   My Father and my Friend?
   I love His name, I love His word,
   Join all my powers to praise the Lord.
                         Isaac Watts
                        The Methodist Hymnal 1939 edition

No comments: