Wednesday, September 04, 2024

Lord, speak to me (Havergal)

195 Lord, speak to me

1 Lord, speak to me that I may speak
   In living echoes of your tone.
   As you have sought, so let me seek
   Your erring children, lost and lone.

2 Oh, lead me, Lord, that I may lead
   The wand'ring and the wav'ring feet.
   Oh, feed me, Lord, that I may feed
   Your hungry ones with manna sweet.

3 Oh, teach me, Lord, that I may teach
   The precious truths which you impart.
   And wing my words that they may reach
   The hidden depths of many a heart.

4 Oh, fill me with your fullness, Lord,
   Until my very hearts o'erflows
   In kindling thought and glowing word,
   Your love to tell, your praise to show.

5 Oh, use me, Lord, use even me,
   Just as you will, and when, and where
   Until your blessed face I see,
   Your rest, your joy, your glory share.
                         Frances Havergal
                         The Methodist Hymnal 1964 edition

No comments: