Monday, November 27, 2023

Pass me not, O gentle Savior

231 Pass Me Not. 8.5.8.5. with Refrain.

1 Pass me not, O gentle Savior,
   Hear my humble cry,
   While on others Thou art calling,
   Do not pass me by.

Refrain:
   Savior, Savior,
   Hear my humble cry;
   While on others Thou art calling,
   Do not pass me by.

2 Let me at a throne of mercy
   Find a sweet relief;
   Kneeling there in deep contrition,
   Help my unbelief. [Refrain]

3 Trusting only in Thy merit,
   Would I seek Thy face;
   Heal my wounded, broken spirit,
   Save me by Thy grace. [Refrain]

4 Thou the Spring of all my comfort,
   More than life to me,
   Whom have I on earth beside Thee?
   Whom in heav'n but Thee? [Refrain]
                         Fanny J. Crosby
                         The Methodist Hymnal 1939 edition

<idle musing>
While I knew quite a bit about Fanny Crosby, I never realized she wrote under pseudonymns. Check out the link to see them. She also was the first woman to speak publicly in the Senate chamber! Quite an accomplishment for a woman, let alone a blind one, in the 19th century.
</idle musing>

No comments: