Monday, August 28, 2006

Arrgghh!

That scream you heard Saturday night about 8:00 EDT was I. My laptop did a serious hardware crash. It won't even get me to a BIOS screen anymore...

I have discovered once again that there are 11 kinds of people when it comes to computers:
1. Those who have lost files they desperately need
10. Those who will
11. Those who lie :)

I am hoping that the harddrive is salvageable enough to copy my unbacked up files off of.

Moral of story: listen to that still small voice that is nudging you to make backups of your important files. I didn't :( Hopefully grace extends to recovering files.

Update:
Well, the files are recovered. But, the laptop is toast. At least it is under extended warranty, but I'm wandering around from computer to computer trying to get work done :(

No comments: