Saturday, December 02, 2023

Blessed Assurance!

238 Assurance. 9. 10. 9. 9. with Refrain.

1 Blessed assurance; Jesus is mine!
   O what a foretaste of glory divine!
   Heir of salvation, purchase of God,
   Born of His Spirit, washed in His blood.

Refrain:
   This is my story, this is my song,
   Praising my Savior all the day long;
   This is my story, this is my song,
   Praising my Savior all the day long.

2 Perfect submission, perfect delight,
   Visions of rapture now burst on my sight;
   Angels descending bring from above
   Echoes of mercy, whispers of love. [Refrain]

3 Perfect submission, all is at rest,
   I in my Savior am happy and blest;
   Watching and waiting, looking above,
   Filled with His goodness, lost in His love. [Refrain]
                         Fanny Crosby
                         The Methodist Hymnal 1939 edition

<idle musing>
Probably one of Fanny Crosby's most well-known hymns. What surprised me was that it only occurs in a little over a thousand hymnals. I expected twice that. You never know what to expect!
</idle musing>

No comments: