Friday, February 09, 2024

Can I be dismayed?

352 Day of Rest. 7. 6. 7. 6. D.

1 In heavenly love abiding,
   no change my heart shall fear;
   and safe is such confiding,
   for nothing changes here:
   the storm may roar without me,
   my heart may low be laid;
   but God is round about me,
   and can I be dismayed?

2 Wherever he may guide me,
   no want shall turn me back;
   my Shepherd is beside me,
   and nothing can I lack:
   his wisdom ever waketh,
   his sight is never dim,
   he knows the way he taketh,
   and I will walk with him.

3 Green pastures are before me,
   which yet I have not seen;
   bright skies will soon be o'er me,
   where darkest clouds have been;
   my hope I cannot measure,
   my path to life is free;
   my Saviour has my treasure,
   and he will walk with me.
                         Anna L. Waring
                         The Methodist Hymnal 1939 edition

No comments: