Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Fear mongering

Why the sudden irrationality of Muslim baiting? What's going on? Is this the U.S. version of the lead-up to Kristallnacht? I agree with this guy's post (read the whole thing, but here's the summary):
I’ve seen nothing in my Muslim neighbors worthy of a general fear of them, as some Christian leaders want us to hold. The absolute worst-case-scenario with my Muslim neighbors is being invited over for food and tea on a day where I have a super busy schedule.

I’m not scared of Muslims. But I have to be honest, I am scared of white guys with guns.

So just remember when you see all of the anti-Muslim fear baiting from Christian leaders: the real looming threat in our country has nothing to do with people who wear a hijab, but people who have been indoctrinated into the acceptability of violence, and who carry guns snuggled neatly underneath their flannel shirt.

<idle musing>
Why the fear mongering? Is Jesus no longer Lord? Has he abdicated the throne and placed the U.S. on it instead? I don't get it...
</idle musing>

No comments: