Sunday, August 18, 2024

Have Thine Own Way, Lord

154 Have Thine Own Way, Lord

1 Have thine own way, Lord!
   Have thine own way!
   Thou art the potter,
   I am the clay.
   Mold me and make me
   after thy will,
   while I am waiting,
   yielded and still.

2 Have thine own way, Lord!
   Have thine own way!
   Search me and try me,
   Savior today!
   Whiter than snow, Lord,
   wash me just now,
   as in thy presence
   humbly I bow.

3 Have thine own way, Lord!
   Have thine own way!
   Wounded and weary,
   help me I pray!
   Power, all power,
   surely is thine!
   Touch me and heal me,
   Savior divine!

4 Have thine own way, Lord!
   Have thine own way!
   Hold o'er my being
   absolute sway.
   Fill with thy Spirit
   till all shall see
   Christ only, always,
   living in me!
                         Adelaide A. Pollard
                         The Methodist Hymnal 1964 edition

<idle musing>
I was amazed to see that this hymn only occurs in 317 hymnals. The biography of the writer is interesting too. You should take a look.
</idle musing>

No comments: